Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Am I lucky!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Am I lucky!

    Last night I was filming my miniature set shots. By the time I got the set put together and light the set , I noticed I could not adjust my F stop PAST F5.6. Since I was shooting at F 1.8 with my Nizo 810 that would not be a problem for now. That is if I could believe the F stop settings that would work.

    The next morning the tested the camera and the F stop range worked fine! I think...maybe it was blowing compressed air into the gate.

    Maybe I froze a part of the metering system? I can not see any other reason it would not work. Sure glade it worked, fixing our little cameras cost a bundle.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When the meter froze, was the Super-8 camera on the tripod?

    If so, did you take the Super-8 camera off of the tripod and try to get the meter to work with the camera in a different position?

    Consider what camera position is gravity friendly for the meter's point of view and give that a try.

    I assume you tried both manual and auto-exposure.
    Lighting minatures and only getting an f 1.8, very interesting.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The problem happen last night.

    I changed all six batters.

    Turn the camera off for 15 min. Tried every possible setting with and without film in the camera. Dark set, light set. manual automatic. Every single permutations.

    I even changed the lens from normal to macro, seeing if anything had an effect!

    Light meter would work from 1.8 to 5.6 only, with only slight variations between manual and full auto mode.

    Nothing!

    No problem today. Only differences.....10 hours of not being used. One of the last things I did before metering and shooting the set, was pop a new cartrage into the camera and blow out the gate with a blast of compressed air.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •